Monday, April 13, 2009

Certified Chocoholic

Remember the movie Chocolat? The woman Vianne Rocher makes these incredible, mouthwatering truffles. Well, that is why she snag the debonair Roux played by Johnny Deep. Chocolates are one of those comfort foods and it is always on my grocery list. Even the dark variety that some may have a hard time wanting but I still. It is an easy and simple gift to give if someone is lonely, they were associated with being in love because of the ingredients it has. There are numerous benefits it does on our health like flavonoids that act as antioxidants. Antioxidants protect the body from aging caused by free radicals, which can cause damage that leads to heart disease. Dark chocolate contains a large number of antioxidants (nearly 8 times the number found in strawberries). Flavonoids also help relax blood pressure through the production of nitric oxide, and balance certain hormones in the body.


http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?id=3464&t=CFIDS_FM





Chocolate also holds benefits apart from protecting your heart:

* it tastes good
* it stimulates endorphin production, which gives a feeling of pleasure
* it contains serotonin, which acts as an anti-depressant
* it contains theobromine, caffeine and other substances which are stimulants










Here are the chocolates I love to eat and also give.



10. Kit Kat I love the wafer and chocolate combination. Yum!
















9. Hersheys Dark Chocolate Kisses
I like the color violet wrapper too. Perfect gift presentation itself.












8. Ferero Rocher I prefer the one in heart shape box, I get to use it as my bento box. The stickers in the front that has the label on it. I stick on my notes. hmmm...


















7. M&M Peanuts - I remember when my brother send us chocolates from the states, I choose the biggest M&M chocolate. I pour it in a big glass jar next to my bed and it was my breakfast for 1 week straight. :)










6. Toblerone - The pride of Switzerland. My younger brother used to give me with this whenever he wants me to do his assignment. Guilty! :)














5. Cadbury Fruit and Nut - I love nuts on my chocolates and with the fruit, love it more.

















4. A tie between Snickers Almonds and BabyRuth-
It is chewy, with caramel which I love too.














3. Ritter Sport Hazelnut and Praline - The hazelnuts and praline are the two best nuts for me.





















2. Goya Dark Mint Chocolate -
This intrigued me the most, it's a little bit weird. Mint and Chocolate? Is it like a sweet and gum like flavor? It's just below Php 30 so I tried and never stop. It's like eating chocolate and having that fresh after taste, lovely. I bought this on Mercury Drug because you can rarely find it elsewhere.














and my Most Favorite.



1. Choc-Nut Yeah, okay I know I'm a bit patriotic here, together with the Goya chocolate they are locally produced. What can I say, It is the chocolate that I grew up with, He's been with me in recess time at grade school, field trip in high school and late night thesis brainstorming in college. So my palate always look for that peanut butter combination of choc-nut. Local chefs also mix it to their chocolate cakes and other desserts. And one thing to know if it is popular and delectable? Copy cats that sprung the market like mushrooms. Well, I tried them too but nothing compares to the the king.
















Guilty pleasures at it's best, I can't wait to try those of french, italian and other countries who showcase different versions of chocolates. Must be really good too. ♥♥♥

No comments: