Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mineral Make Up Tips


When I switch to mineral make up (MMU), I experiment on how to make the application faster. Having been accustomed to the traditional make up application of cream concealer and compact powder foundation, I never knew that au naturel make up is much complicated because of the non stop blending. Below are some of my tips on using and storing MMU.


1. Always make sure that your make up brushes are clean.






Investing in a good quality set of  brushes is of course a must but you should take care of them too. Make time to clean your brushes at least 2 or 3 times a week to protect your face from bacteria that comes from you brushes. Have a mild or anti bacterial shampoo to cleanse your brushes and use warm water to protect the bristles.



2. Use larger containers to swirl your MMU






MMU containers are mostly small so I use larger containers (clean them regularly too) to swirl all the mineral make up with my brush  I tap my mineral foundation on it and close the lid then shake it. I swirl my brush on it around the edges and tap some excess upon application. I use the much smaller container for my mineral blusher.When I go outside, I just use the lid of the container to swirl the mmu.


3. Organize your MMU




Barenaturals, a local online mineral make up brand loves to give freebies, so I put mine on these cute stockable container which I can bring anywhere too (you can buy this on any beauty store like Watsons for Php40). I label each pot for eyeshadows and sample blusher using the sticker they have on their ziplocks :)


4. Spritz water on your mmu concealer or eyeshadow.




I always have a small water atomizer in my dresser. I mix my mmu concealer with water and apply it on my face, I also do the same with eyeshadows to intensify it's effect. I have notice that the mmu last longer and still does not cake.


5. Have fun with colors

Try different eyeshadow or blush color that you would not normally wear and think that they won't match your skin tone but it does. Mineral make up blush don't darken like most traditional blusher . I suddenly became a fan of greens, blues and plums now than ever before.








♥♥♥

No comments: