Saturday, August 29, 2009

Love for Vanilla

I love the scent of vanilla, the innocent and sweet smell that it brings. So whenever I see vanilla candle products or room sprays,I buy it. Here are some of my favorite vanilla product and goodies that I bake.




Vanilla Cupcake

INGREDIENTS
  • 2/3 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup superfine sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
  2. In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar with an electric mix er until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Stir in the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each one. Sti r in the vanilla and flour just until mixed. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly p ressed, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. Wh en cool, arrange t he cupcakes on a serving platter.
Sometimes I put buttercream icing on top.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 2 tablespoons milk

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, and vanilla. Blend in the sugar, one cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in t he milk, and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Keep icing covered until ready to decorate.

allrecipes.com


The Classic Vanilla Ice Cream - I use the Nestle ice cream and I add Hershey's Chocolate Syrup or Strawberry Syrup. Add some sprinkle candies or nuts.


Coffeemate French Vanilla This creamer makes my decaffeinated coffee very special. I love to wake up in the wee hours of the day and smell the aroma and my breakfast is just perfect.




Homemade Vanilla Body Scrub

As I love Vanilla, so as skin care products. Luckily, I can combine my two favorites. I found a homemade recipe in e.how.com that is effective, chemical-free and safe vanilla body scrub.

You'll need:

  • A small/medium sized container with a lid that's no more than 3" tall.
  • Sugar [how much depends on the amount of scrub you want]
  • Olive Oil [ Just a enough to lightly coat all the sugar]
  • Honey[about 3-6 spoonfuls, depending on container size]
  • A large Fork
  • A few drops of vanilla extract
  1. Sit your container on a stable surface and fill with sugar, stopping at least a half an inch from the top. Make sure there is enough room to add the other ingredients.
  2. Take your olive oil and add it to the sugar, a little at a time. You'll know you have enough when all of the sugar is completely coated and the mixture appears creamy.
  3. Add the honey. Start with about 3 spoonfuls and add more if necessary. This is where the fork comes in. Blend the honey in with the olive oil and sugar mixture until it becomes slightly thick. It will probably remind you of a paste. Keep in mind it's only 3-4 ingredients and you can work with it as much as you'd like. If you want it thinner add less honey and more oil. If you want it thicker and more sugar and honey.
  4. Add the vanilla extract. Blend well.





Alice Blue's Vanilla Sugar - a rich, creamy and sweet vanilla I love to sniff; it makes me calm and sleepy. I just love smelling my room after I lit it. The scent is still their plus it does not have that burn smell most candles possess.
































♥♥♥

No comments: